Cindy Lynn's Note:
Healthy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup grated or shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup cashews, raw, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, raw, chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, raw, chopped
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (real vanilla, please)
- 1 1/4 cups corn oil (unrefined, if possible)
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1Mix the dry ingredients together in one huge or two normal mixing bowls.
- 2Mix the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl, stirring vigorously until they become well-blended.
- 3Quickly, while still blended, stir the liquid into the dry ingredients until every morsel has been evenly moistened.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Spread the completed mixture in a 1/2-inch layer on three heavy, ungreased cookie-sheets and slide into hot oven.
- 6Allow 20 minutes basic cooking time with one turning-over of the cereal after first 10 minutes.
- 7After the first 20 minutes, turn granola again and return to oven at 250 deg F rechecking at 10 minute intervals turning with every recheck until showing signs of browning throughout.
- 8Cooking will continue after removing from oven.
- 9Cool, crumble and store refrigerated in air-tight containers.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandpaw's Granola
Serving Size: 1 (1956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.6
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 18.0 g