Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Healthy and delicious!
- 8 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup grated or shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, raw, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, raw, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds, raw, chopped
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla (real vanilla, please)
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn oil (unrefined, if possible)
- 1 cup raw honey
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one huge or two normal mixing bowls.
- Mix the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl, stirring vigorously until they become well-blended.
- Quickly, while still blended, stir the liquid into the dry ingredients until every morsel has been evenly moistened.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread the completed mixture in a 1/2-inch layer on three heavy, ungreased cookie-sheets and slide into hot oven.
- Allow 20 minutes basic cooking time with one turning-over of the cereal after first 10 minutes.
- After the first 20 minutes, turn granola again and return to oven at 250 deg F rechecking at 10 minute intervals turning with every recheck until showing signs of browning throughout.
- Cooking will continue after removing from oven.
- Cool, crumble and store refrigerated in air-tight containers.
There's Granola and then there's GRANOLA, well this is the later - very very great way to start the day. I felt like Jack Armstrong after he had had a bowl of "Wheaties" (bet you don't ever know who he was Hint - "The All American Boy"). The only thing I added was 3/4 cup of "Craisins" Excellent recipe thanks Cindy Lynn
Made this recipe this morning and it tastes great as a snack. I think that next time I might use pecans instead of cashews simply because I love roasted pecans. Thought about maybe adding some cinnamon too. Wonderful recipe and appears very versatile. Thanks - what a lucky catch!
Really delicious. Made exactly as stated but have also made several different variations with other dried fruits and nuts. Thank you.