Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
My brother sent me an invite to join him at the Grandparents.com website & I get periodic emails from them on the art of grandparenting. The most recent email had a fun article on kid-friendly mocktails & suggested that kids should have spec beverages for their parties & also tasty + festive beverages to enjoy while their elders drink cocktails on spec occasions & holidays. Per the intro, “Shirley Temple, take a bow & step aside. Some new entertainers have taken center stage. The effervescent, sometimes sparkly, always refreshing & totally non-alcoholic mocktails are beverages that kids & partygoers of all ages will enjoy.” I am entering the recipes in pairs, groups or individually based on # of servings. *Cheers* !
- 6 ounces cola
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grenadine or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure pomegranate juice
- 1 orange slice (garnish) (optional)
- 1 maraschino cherry (garnish) (optional)
ORANGE YOU GLAD
- 3 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Darth Vadar ~ Put crushed or cubed ice in a tall glass & pour in cola. Top w/Grenadine & garnish w/an orange slice & a cherry.
- Orange You Glad ~ Blend all ingredients in blender w/6 ice cubes till smooth & serve in a tall glass.
My DGD made the Orange You Glad drink and loved it! It was simple and tasted oh so good. Thanks twissis for sharing this great drink. Congrats again on your Week #17 Football Pool win.
I made the 'Orange You Glad' drink because we love Orange Juliuses (and this one is no exception)! I used Splenda for the sugar. This is a great refreshing 'anytime' beverage. Thanks for posting this wonderful treat!