1/1 Photo of Grandpa Parker's French Onion Soup
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This was submitted to the cookbook by my late grandfather - William Parker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and then add onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add bouillon and bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Season to your taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Pour the hot soup into earthenware cups.
- 5On top of each, float a slice of sauteed French bread and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandpa Parker's French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 1088.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g