Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This was submitted to the cookbook by my late grandfather - William Parker.
Top Review by Thea
This was very easy to make and delish too! I added some guyere cheese and broiled it as well...I haven't been feeling well and thought some soup would do the trick...this was perfect...I will use this again...thanks for posting. Made and reviewed for Zaar Chow Hounds...ZWT 5.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 4 1⁄2 cups beef bouillon
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- French bread
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and then add onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bouillon and bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to your taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the hot soup into earthenware cups.
- On top of each, float a slice of sauteed French bread and sprinkle with grated cheese.