Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This was submitted to the cookbook by my late grandfather - William Parker.
- Heat butter and then add onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bouillon and bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to your taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the hot soup into earthenware cups.
- On top of each, float a slice of sauteed French bread and sprinkle with grated cheese.