Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the December 1990 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. Posted here for safekeeping.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecans
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in heavy large saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Add pecans and cook until candy thermometers registers 234 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir slowly for 10 seconds only.
- Working quickly, drop by generous spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Let stand until set, about 2 hours and peel pralines off paper.