Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best sugar cookies ever! My grandmother made these every Christmas and anytime we went to visit her.
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Cream sugar and butter, add egg.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture.
- Form two balls and refridgerate atleast 1 hour.
- Roll out on floured wax paper and cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake at 375 for 7 minutes.
This is my absolute go to recipe for Sugar cookies!! I love them, they have a wonderful taste, and come out soft and chewy. This is the perfect sugar cookie recipe for me and my family. My son loves sugar cookies, and this is the recipe I use each time he wants them. It is sure to please!
Made this as one of several cookies for my other half to share with co-workers! Easy to make & great in the taste department, too! Would be happy to make these again just for us to enjoy right here at home! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]