Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe has been in the family for generations - with some ingredient updates through the years. This is certainly one of my comfort foods
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 diced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix first 8 ingredients well.
- Cut green peppers in to quarters (or thirds - depending on size of peppers).
- Fill cut peppers with the meat mixture.
- In a dutch oven, mix the tomato soup, tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes.
- Add the additional 1/2 cup of water
- Arrainge filled pepper in the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon sauce over pepper.
- Cover and back foe 2 hours.
Delicious! The only tiny issue I had was I quartered the peppers and I think I used a pot with too narrow of a bottom as some of my filling floated out of the pepper quarters :). No worries, I fished the filling out and spooned over the pepper quarter. I love one pot meals like this. Thank you for sharing a family recipe with us. Made for PAC Spring 2011.