1/4 Photos of Grandma's Simple Roast Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
Al Al's Note:
This is actually from Cooking Light, not my grandma, but it is moist and delicious and quite easy. If your chicken is on the small side, don't use quite as many veggies--they won't all fit. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Remove and discard insides of chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. Trim any excess fat.
- 3Combine salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken and into the cavity.
- 4Place vegetables and bay leaf in body cavity. Tie ends of legs together with a cord (I have never done this and it still turns out fine). Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken.
- 5Place chicken, breast side up, on a broiler pan (or on a rack inside another pan) coated with cooking spray.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees for one hour or until meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180 degrees.
- 7Cover loosely with foil for about 10 minutes.
- 8Remove vegetables from inside chicken and throw them away.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Simple Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 339.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 33.8 g