Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is a family favorite supplied by my grandma. everyone in the family likes it.
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 8 banana peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- garlic powder
- Cut all peppers and onion into 1" to 2" pieces and put in large pot.
- add in cans of tomatoes and tomato paste, oil and garlic powder to taste and let simmer until onion and peppers are soft.
- If you want it milder, remove the seeds from the peppers.
- if you want it hotter add jalepenos or hotter peppers.
- serve as a side dish or with bread.
Wow........this is so easy to make and the flavor is wonderful (although I did have to add some salt to mine). I added some to my spaghetti sauce and my man said it was the best spaghetti he had ever eaten. I can see using this in a lot of different recipes, chili, sloppy joes even casseroles. This makes quite a lot (6 pints for me) so plan on canning or freezing some to use for later. Thanks for a great keeper Cliff.