Recipe by Cooker Man Dan
This is the chili sauce my grandma used to make, then my mom, and now me. It is so good, it would be illegal not to share it.
- 10 liters tomatoes (Peeled)
- 1 1⁄2 kg brown sugar
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 3 -4 green peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 1 liter malt vinegar (5 % acetic acid)
- 1⁄2-1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 ounces pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash jars well, and dry in 200 oven for 10 minute.
- Put Pickling spices into cheesecloth, and make a bag, tie top well, and leave several inches of sting. Tie to handle of pot.
- In 15 liter heavy duty pot , add all ingredients, and bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until celery is soft, stirring often. Remove spice bags.
- Ladle into Jars, put lids on and allow to seal.