This is the ultimate comfort food to me. My mom's extra cheesy recipe for Macaroni Shells and Cheese!
- Cook macaroni 10 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Coat microwave safe casserole dish with melted butter.
- Put cheese cubes, milk, and pepper in butter-coated, 2-quart casserole dish and microwave six minutes on medium power or until cheese is melted. Stir until it creates cheese sauce.
- Add cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce. Stir until all macaroni shells are coated with cheese sauce.
- Slice cheddar cheese into approximately 3/8" slices and insert slices into macaroni and cheese sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until browned.