Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious banana cream pie from scratch. It can be topped with a meringue or with fresh whipped cream.
- 1 prepared pie crust, baked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- Combine corn starch and cold water.
- In a saucepan, combine vanilla, milk, sugar, egg yokes, salt and butter. Mix well.
- Add in corn starch and stir well.
- Add in bananas and cook for 5 minutes on low med-low heat. (there should be light bubbles).
- Pour banana mixture into pie crust.
- If using meringue, spoon meringue over pie - sealing the edges. Bake at 350 for about 5 minutes to brown the meringue.
- If using whipping cream - pipe onto pie using a decorating bag.