Recipe by Sophaholic
A divine dish made by a woman who knew how to entertain and was an incredible cook. Even if you don't like cauliflower, you'd never know it's there, and you'll go for a heaping second serving.
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut cauliflower head, leaving very little stem. (This is key, as too much stem will make dish stringy.).
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 inch depth of water to boil.
- Add the cauliflower and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from heat and drain.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is translucent.
- Mash the cooked cauliflower until it is a fine mush.
- Mix cauliflower, sauteed onion and garlic, soup, and parmesan cheese together, and pour into baking dish.
- Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until mixture bubbles.
- Remove and serve.
- If you're in a rush, skip the sauteed onions, and mix the rest together and bake. It's almost as good.