Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has to be one of the extended family's favorite recipes and always appears at get-togethers... whether for the holidays (any) or just plain ole cook-outs. There is never a drop left of it. If there are ever any leftovers, let me assure you that it's just as good reheated.... so plan for extras. BTW...I always double the recipe, just to make sure I have leftovers... :D
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper (opt-I omit this and add extra celery and onion... personal preference)
- Saute onions, celery, and green peppers.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar, sour cream, and soup.; Add drained veggies and stir to mix well.
- Turn into Pam'ed or buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with extra cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.