Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Jewish Cooking Boot Camp by Andrea Marks Carneiro & Roz Marks. "This recipe takes the sweet flavor out of kugel and replaces it with a more savory taste..." This is a kosher dairy dish.
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked per instructions on package
- 1⁄2 cup butter, can use margarine, melted (1 stick)
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, low-fat, small curd
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 X 13 X 2 inch baking dish, greased with butter or cooking spray.
- Dot the top with extra butter.
- Bake for 1 hour our until golden brown on top.
- Salt to taste before serving.