1/2 Photos of Grandma' Cowboy Caviar
Made this the night before a party and it turned out great. The kids even liked it veggies and all. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your heat preference. From "Grandma's Kitchen"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 8 ounces roma tomatoes
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Mince garlic. Whisk garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, hot sauce and black pepper in a medium bowl until mixed.
- 2Peel and chop avocado into 1/2 inch cubes. Add avocado to the vinaigrette and mix gently.
- 3Chop tomatoes coursely. Drain and rinse black-eyed peas and corn.
- 4Add tomatoes, black eyed peas, corn, green onions and chopped cilabtro to the vinaigrette and mix well. Stir in salt.
- 5Serve immediately or chill mixture covered overnight.
- 6Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over nachos or taco salad.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma' Cowboy Caviar
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 372.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g