Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
fast easy and delicious, use ribs or chicken.
- 1360.77 g pork ribs, of choice (this amount is estimated)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml celery seeds or 1.23 ml celery salt
- 4.92 ml table salt
- 566.99 g condensed tomato soup
- 141.74 g water
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- Combine brown sugar, celery seed, chilli powder and salt to make a rub.
- Rub all over racks of ribs, both sides.
- Lay in a roasting pan.
- Place in oven uncovered at 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, turning and rotating every so often.
- Drain off some of the fat if desired.
- Combine the two 10 ounce cans of tomato soup with water, vinegar.
- Pour over all the ribs after the 45 minutes is done.
- Cook now covered for 2 1/2 hours basting and turning every so often.
- Can brown more uncovered the last half hour of cooking.
- This can also be done wrapped in foil on the bbq.
- cooking first with the rub in sealed foil, opening and resealing with the liquids, that is how we always made them for the cottage outings.
I was a little disappointed with the flavor. For some reason this was a little too sweet for my taste. I think it would be improved with the addition of some liquid smoke and perhaps a little more chili powder. BTW since the chef said that this could be made with other cuts of pork...I cut about 1 1/2 x 4 inch strips from a pork tenderloin. I will make this again because I think a little fine tuning will make it a wonderful new way to cook those huge pork tenderloins I get from Sam's club so cheaply. Made for Spring PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
We really liked these! This was my first attempt to make ribs in the oven (it was to cold to bbq outside), and they turned out very good! This was easy to prepare, and the ribs turned out very tender with lots of flavor. DH said he missed the drippy sauce, but I liked them without that mess. Thanks for the great recipe andypandy...I'm sure we will use again!