Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Chesterton Inns The Search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie by Gwen Steege
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour& baking soda; set aside.
- Cream butter, add vanilla& sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- At low speed of electric mixer, beat in cocoa then milk.
- Add dry ingredients and beat on low until blended.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack to cool completely.
Really good recipe! Its rich and full of chocolate! They came out chewy and oh so good. There is a reason this recipe beat out 2600 other recipes as the top cookie. My kids and I really liked them and will make them again.
The chocolate flavor was intense, and that is good, but the texture just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I'll keep looking.