Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A classical dessert. Not for the health-conscious. As with all recipes with raw eggs: be very careful with hygiene, and don't serve to the elderly, pregnant women, and small children. Can easily be made in bulk if frozen in a cake form; just slice the required number of servings and put the remainder back in the freezer. The cooking time does not include waiting time while freezing.
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g sugar
- 100 ml orange liqueur (e.g. Grand Marnier)
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 5 strawberries
- 50 g chocolate, shaved
- 2 tablespoons almonds, shaved
- Beat eggs and yolks.
- Add sugar and liqueur and mix thoroughly.
- Heat au bain marie while continuously stirring until slightly thicker (don't let it boil!).
- Take from heat and whip until thickened (circa 10 minutes).
- Whip cream until thick but still slightly fluid.
- Fold through egg mixture.
- Pour into form (circa 1 litre) and freeze for circa 5 hours.
- Remove parfait from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Turn onto a large plate.
- Serve parfait with shaved chocolate and strawberry slices.