1/2 Photos of Grand Marnier Crepe Cake
This recipe is from the March edition of Gourmet. I would recommend using two percent rather than whole milk or half and half for heavy cream if you want to lower the fat and calories. *Times do not include chilling time
My Private Note
crepe c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream, chilled and divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated and divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional) or 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- 1Blend eggs, milk, 1/2 cup cream, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with flour, salt, 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, and 1 teaspoon zest in a blender until just smooth.
- 2Brush a 10-inch nonstick skillet lightly with some of melted butter, then heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- 3Pour in a scant 1/4 cup batter, immediately tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom. (If batter sets before skillet is coated, reduce heat slightly for next one).
- 4Cook until underside is golden and top is just set, about 15 to 45 seconds.
- 5Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula (or one that is good with crepes), then flip the crepe over with your fingertips and cook for 15 seconds more.
- 6Transfer to a plate (make sure it is a big enough to hold a lot of crepes easily).
- 7Continue making crepes, brush the skillet with a little bit of butter or oil every time, and stacking on the plate.
- 8Beat remaining 2 1/2 cups cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 3/4 cup confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon zest, and Grand Marnier in a large deep bowl with an electric mixer until cream holds stiff peaks.
- 9Center a crepe on a big serving plate and spread with 1/4 cup cream.
- 10Continue stacking crepes and spreading with cream, ending with a crepe.
- 11Chill, covered, for at least 4 hours and up to 24.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Marnier Crepe Cake
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.0
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 291.5 mg
- Sodium 135.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g