From Chef Natascha Ovando of Coup des Tartes Bistro in Phoenix, Arizona.
Make and share this Grand Marnier Apple Tarte recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 6 apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons grand marnier orange liqueur
- 1 small orange, zest of
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 additional egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- In a large bowl, toss together the sliced apples, Grand Marnier, orange zest, and sugar; set aside for the flavors to blend.
- In a seperate bowl, make a kind of custard mixture by stirring together the heavy cream, egg, egg yolk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Heap the sliced apples into the crust with a slotted spoon, so it's not too runny.
- Pour the custard mixture over the apples and dot the top with pieces of butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
This was a lovely tender pie, with a beautiful light and fluffy custard and very fragrant, tasty apple slices. Very quick and easy to make. Wish I could give more than 5*s. Thanks for sharing Southern Polar Bear.