Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This Chili is awesome for Hot Dogs, or as my kids call them "chili buns" which is just the chili on a hot dog bun. It freezes beautifully as well.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Brown Hamburger and onions in a stock pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Simmer on low heat at least 3 hours.
I cut this recipe in half. I had cooked hot dogs and put them in the crockpot. I then topped with this hot dog chili. I followed the recipe as written and everyone enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2012
I cut the recipe to 1/3. Great on hot dogs and I portioned some in the freezer in small portions so I can have it on short notice. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.