Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe. She lived in Portland, Maine, so blueberries were a fruit staple. Try sprinkling them with brown sugar before baking for extra yumminess! Hope you love these as much as I do.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray muffing tins with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries.
- Once all ingredients have been combined, fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins and sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
Very nice muffins! I only had 1 1/2 cups of blueberries, but that was okay. I had apple pie spice instead of pumpkin pie spice which added a nice touch. I sprinkled the brown sugar on top and got a crunchy sweet topping that was very easy to add. Thanks, Carole in Orlando