Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My gram passed away in 1984, but her fabulous recipes live on :) These pickles are my absolute FAVORITES of all time. They are DELICIOUS with soups and chowders, with your favorite sandwich, or just for a snack! I make mine in peanut butter jars by the jar. I just let them sit for a couple of weeks, then put in the fridge, and they last 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator with no problem. But don't worry, they won't last that long :D The cooking time does not include the processing time if you decide to can them.
For each quart of pickles you will need
- 1 quart pickling cucumber, skins on, and washed
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard, scant
- 1 tablespoon sugar, heaping
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumbers in 1/2, and then into 1/4's. Cut into chunks about 2" long. Put in jar.
- Add water to the vinegar. (If you want pickles in a hurry, add hot vinegar to hot water).
- Pour over pickles in jar.
- Add dry mustard, sugar, and salt. Put on cover.
- You can process these if you want to, but we always eat these so fast that we don't.
- Let sit for a couple of weeks and eat.