- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cooked in salted water
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked chicken, celery, tomatoes, salt, pepper, onion, and water. Place over heat, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add lima beans. Cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, stir, and mix well.
- In the last 10 minutes before serving soup, make Grammie Bea's Herbed dumplings.
- Note: Preparation time does not include time for cooking the chicken.