Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Having an abundance of tomatoes in the garden causes you to come up with as many recipes as you can! This recipe is a hit with my family especially the little ones because it has the taste of pizza.
- 4 -5 tomatoes (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 8 slices bread (fresh loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon (chopped finely)
- In a greased 9x13 casserole put the following:.
- 1/2 of the peeled, sliced tomatoes. Top with bread slices (you may cut the bread to fit). In a separate bowl, melt butter. Add milk and all the seasonings and whisk together. Pour this over the bread. Sprinkly with the bacon bits and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of tomatoes and the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Have made this recipe over and over and love it! I make mine with canned tomatoes and occasionally leave out the bacon and it is just as good. Highly recommend!