Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious. It is yeast free, but best results do come with an overnight visit to the fridge. These have been in my family FOREVER! Cook time does not include fridge time!
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 lb butter or 1 lb margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
You will also need
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix first ingredients until crumbly. Mix 2nd ingredients; make a well and add egg mixture to flour mixture.
- (I'm not sure if over-mixing matters or not!) Portion the dough into 8-10 balls (about the size of a pie plate when rolled out). Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight(or a few hours if you're in a rush).
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto work surface and roll out patties to the size of a pie plate. Cut into wedges and roll into scuffles. Roll from wide end down to the point. Place onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 deg for 12 minutes.