Recipe by dawnie2u
These are fantastic, thin crispy gingersnaps. These were always included in our Christmas cookie platter. They freeze great too.
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, all-purpose (sifted)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift brown sugar. Add butter, and cream mixture until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients, until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until dough can be rolled in your hand without sticking. Roll in small balls, and flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake in a 350° oven for 8 minutes.