Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Oh my. This is what my Gram used to make for Ice Cream topping, but I remember eating it with a spoon right out of the fridge when it's thick and...I just fainted!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt and mix all together, getting all powdered sugar lumps out.
- Bring almost to boil. Don't boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Store in fridge, it gets thick. You can warm it up very slowly or serve it like it is --
- Or you can eat it with a spoon!
This is a dark, thick, hot-fudge type sauce -- really a home-made hot fudge sauce. It is absolutely killer delicious. I made it last night and served it to my four kids over vanilla ice cream and there was complete silence as they ate. Thanks for posting.
Oh this is good! PotPie, Gramma had her groove on when she came up with this! I couldn't stop eating it straight from the bowl and decide to try it in a shake-YUM! Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
This is excellent on ice cream. It reminds me of Sanders’ hot fudge sauce that used to be available in the Detroit area years ago, and it is very hard to resist just spooning it up and swooning. Thanks for this recipe.