Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
Better than storebought
Top Review by BJ from BC
Thank you for putting this recipe in this site. It really was so good and so easy to prepare and the flavours were so much better than the prepared ones that we get in the stores. I have had trouble finding boxed graham wafers that don't have dairy in them so used your recipe and just substituted the butter for non-dairy margarine (I used Vegan Becel) and it turned out great. Am planning to make graham wafer crumbs out of some of the graham wafers to use in making some of my favourite desserts.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold margarine (cut in pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Work in marg and shortening til crumbly. Set aside.
- Mix honey, molasses, water and vanilla.
- Mix slowly with dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball. Cover with plastic. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 350. Let dough sit 15 minutes Roll between waxed paper.
- Cut in 2 inch squares. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Prick dough. Bake 15 minutes Cool.
- Will keep one month in airtight container, or 6 months in freezer.