Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in an old holiday baking booklet. i'm posting it so i don't lose it. you can change the flavors by using different flavor grahams. plain, cinnamon are good. chocolate grahams remind me of mallow cups. i also like fresh ground nutmeg but you can use nutmeg spice already ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup marshmallow cream
- 8 graham cracker squares, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees place 4 ramekins in a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- in small saucepan heat milk until bubbles form on edge of pan. remove from heat and add marshmallow stir until almost dissolved.
- in a medium bowl combine hot milk and crushed grahams.
- add eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- mix well.
- divide mixture evenly among 4 ramekins.
- place baking dish in oven and fill to a depth of 1 inch with boiling water.
- bake 20 to 25 minutes or until custards are set.
- cool ramekins on rack 30 minutes enjoy!