Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Used at Sweet Graces for frosting sponge cakes and light fillings.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
Whipped Cream Part
- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Make Gelatin Mix:.
- Soak plain gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve by placing it in a metal bowl placed over a small pot of simmering water.
- Let cool.
- Prepare Stabilized Whipped Cream:.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream in a large well-chilled bowl.
- Just before it becomes soft and billowy, slowly add the sugar and flavorings to the whipping cream at the sides of the bowl.
- Whip the cream until barely stiff.
- Add gelatin mis all at once to cream during whipping.
- Stop whipping when the cream forms soft peaks.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Flavoring may be added (such as a small amount of mashed thickened fruit) as long as you add it before the gelatin sets up.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator until serving time!
Absolute perfection! I used this to frost my Three Ingredient Italian Sponge Cake filled with my Custard Cream Filling. Absolutely awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe which will go into my "WOW" cookbook.