Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Swedish cookbook of mine. Serve as a luncheon dish or as a salad with meat for dinner. Makes 4 servings.
- Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk and vegetable stock. Stir and cook until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolk, stir into sauce and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and season with half the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cut off top slice from tomatoes.
- Drain vegetables, arrange cauliflower in center, peas and tomatoes in groups around in a shallow buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over all vegetables and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees until brown, about 15 minutes; or broil until heated and golden brown. Serve immediately.