Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful way to use up some of the rhubarb that is in season right now and comes from a cookbook called "Our of Nova Scotia Gardens". P.S. this makes 4 - 8 oz. jars
- 4 cups rhubarb (cut in 1 inch pieces)
- 2 oranges, zest of and juice
- 2 lemons, zest of and juice
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine rhubarb, orange and lemon juices and zest in heavy saucepan. Add sugar and heat gently until the juice begins to be drawn out of the rhubarb.
- Raise the heat and cook rapidly, stirring constantly, for 20 - 40 mins., or until mixture thickens and clears.
- Remove from heat and add walnuts.
- Pour at once into hot sterilized jars and seal.