Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm not sure how this got its name but its very good. The Velveeta is the unique part in this dish. My kids can't get enough of it.
- 18 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- heat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on pkg.
- Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally and seasoning to taste with pepper, until beef is brown.
- Stir tomato sauce, oil, oregano and basil.
- heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place layer of cooked noodles in baking dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of the sauce over noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of sliced Velveeta.
- Add another layer of noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodles, sauce and sliced Velveeta.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until hot in center.