Recipe by Cassi_H
A very easy meal, good for nights when you don't feel like cooking. I made this for dinner last week and it was delicious! For the chips, you can use any seasoning you like. I use Masterfoods Morrocan seasoning, but any mixed spice will do.
- 4 minute steaks
- 4 turkish bread rolls (halved)
- cos lettuce
- olive oil
- red onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- sun-dried tomato
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons moroccan seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Cut potatoes into sticks. Place in a plastic freezer bag with the moroccan seasoning and shake until coated. Spread out in a single layer on a baking tray and cook in oven for 20 minutes, turning once.
- While chips are cooking, mix sour cream, lemon juice and basil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix mayonnaise, paprika, garlic and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in pan. Add onions, honey and balsamic vinegar and cook until caramelised. While onions are cooking, grill steak until just cooked through.
- Place minute steak, onion, a few slices of semi-dried tomato, a spoonful of the sour cream mixture and the cos lettuce between two halves of the turkish bread.
- Serve with some chips and a dollop of the seasoned mayonaisse!