The lime salt recipe is from Jaime Oliver via The Purple Foodie. The gourmet popcorn is from our local natural food store's bulk bin and the kernels are various colors: blue, yellow, red, white. Do you notice the difference in colors of the popped kernels in my photo above...? This lime salt mixture works well with oven-baked tortilla chips, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coconut oil, for popping the corn (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup multi-colored popcorn (or used standard popcorn)
- 1Lime Salt: Finely grate the rind of the lime. Combine the zest with the salt and stir well. You can play around with the ratio of citrus rind to salt to your preference otherwise equal quantities of salt and lime zest usually works. I liked it with more lime zest and less salt.
- 2Note: prepare only as much of the lime salt as is needed for the recipe especially if using fresh lime zest (preferred over dried).
- 3Popped the popcorn. This is Mr. Cookgirl's method: Heat up the coconut oil in a 10" cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- 4Throw one popcorn kernel into the pan. When it starts to sizzle and pop, the oil is ready for popping the popcorn.
- 5Place the popcorn kernels in the pan and cover.
- 6Place oven mitts on your hands and start to move the pan back and forth on the stove.
- 7After about 2-3 minutes (on our gas stove) the popcorn will start to pop. Keep moving the pan back and forth on the burner unti the popping has significantly reduced.
- 8*Carefully* take the pan off the stove and again *carefully* remove the lid and transfer the popcorn to a large serving bowl.
- 9Stir in the lime zest-salt mixture.
- 10Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Popcorn With Lime Salt
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 465.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: