Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
this recipe comes from Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven 375°F Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and cocoa powder.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake until cookies are set, 5-8 minutes Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- When making large cookies, press down slightly on cookie dough to help cook more evenly.
- Bake slightly longer, 8-10 minutes.
These were excellent. Made them for Sunday afternoon football yesterday and they were devoured before the rest of the cookies were. The taste and texture were great and we certainly enjoyed them. THANKS ESG!