Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are nice oversized cookies for CHOCOLATE LOVERS! They are not just your ordinary cookie. I think dipping them in chocolate makes them divine! Another great Taste fo Home recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 ounces white candy coating
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut & chips.
- Shape 3 tbsp of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Lightly press cookies down.
- Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating if desired. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off .
- Place on wax paper, let stand until set.
Wow! These are some awesome cookies. This quick and easy to make recipe produces very large, well textured chocolate/coconut cookies. The cookies are crisp, flavourful and very very sweet. I did not dip them in extra chocolate, they really didn't need it. Thanks so much for sharing, your recipe rocks.