Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Richly flavored beef makes this a popular buffet dinner dish. Time varies to make this.
- 1360.77 g beef chuck, lean
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 12.32 ml salt
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 118.29 ml Coca-Cola
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 4 tomatoes
- 44.37 ml flour
- hot cooked noodles
- Cut beef into 1-inch cubes, discarding bone and fat. In a Dutch oven, melt margarine.
- and add meat, stirring to brown on all sides. Remove meat cubes as they brown.
- Sauté onions and garlic in the drippings until they are soft. Stir in paprika, salt and.
- caraway seeds; cook 1 minute. Stir in meat, Coca-Cola, wine, and peeled, cut-up.
- tomatoes. Cover tightly; simmer about 1 1/4 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Blend.
- flour with a little water to make a smooth paste; stir into goulash. Stir and cook 3 to 5.
- minutes until gravy is thickened. Serve with hot noodles.