Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a wonderful,hearty flavored bread! Serve it on it's own as a snack or with a bit of butter or as a side dish. It is very, very good
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 375f.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter (medium Heat).
- Add flour and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until the mixture cools.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, stirring until the mixture is smooth and glossy Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased 10" oven proof (cast Iron) Skillet or dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.