Recipe by Lalaloula
This is one of my favourite cakes! It is quick and easy to make, but tastes incredibly chocolatey and nutty. It's a real treat and always cheers me up after a stressful week. I came across this recipe in a baking book I gave to my sister for her birthday, but have adopted it slightly to suit my chocolate needs. =)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is DEFINITELY FOR THE CHOCOHOLIC & THE SWEET OF TOOTH, so naturally it was just right for me & mine! Especially enjoyed the brittle that was used! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]
- 100 g chocolate covered peanut brittle (hazelnut or nut brittle)
- 100 g dark chocolate bars (semi-sweet will go great as well)
- 250 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 300 g flour
- 1 (15 g) package baking powder
- 200 g ground hazelnuts
- 100 g milk chocolate candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. pre-heat the oven to 175°C, line a cake tin with baking paper or grease it well.
- 2. Chopp the dark and the nut chocolate into chunky pieces.
- 3. Cream the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. Add the eggs one by one.
- 4. In a second bowl mix nuts, flour and baking powder. Bit by bit add the egg-butter-mixture and stirr until well combinded. Then add the chocolate.
- 5. Pour the dough into the tin and bake for 70-75 minutes. Cover the cake after 20 minutes to prevent it from getting burned.
- 6. For the icing melt the milk chocolate using a hot water bath (or your microwave if you have one) and spread this over the slightly cooled cake. Sprinkle with whatever garnish you like (I use nut brittle or sugar granules) or simply leave it plain.
- 7. ENJOY! =).