Filled with ricotta, these sage and Parma ham-wrapped chicken breasts are just too tasty! Serve with steamed greens and light mashed potatoes or a zesty couscous. Time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a deep slit along one side of each chicken breast, without slicing right through, then open it out like a book. On a clean chopping board, finely chop 4 sage leaves, then mix into the ricotta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Lay two Parma ham slices on the board, overlapping them slightly. Put a sage leaf in the middle and lay an open chicken breast on top. Spoon a quarter of the ricotta mixture onto the middle of the chicken, then fold the sides together again, to enclose the filling. Now wrap the Parma ham slices around the stuffed chicken breast. Wrap in cling film. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts and chill for 1-2hrs to firm up slightly.
- 3Heat the oven to 350F and place a roasting pan in the oven to heat up. Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add the olive oil. When hot, fry the Parma-wrapped chicken, in batches if necessary, for 2 mins on each side until browned.
- 4Lay a few thyme sprigs on each chicken breast, then place in the hot roasting pan. Cook in the oven for 12-15 mins, depending on size, or until the meat feels just firm when lightly pressed.
- 5Rest the chicken, covered with foil, in a warm place for 5-10 minutes Slice each stuffed breast thickly on the diagonal and arrange on warm plates.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gordon Ramsay's Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 2717.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 65.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: