Gordon Ramsay's Hot Chocolate Fondant With Malt Ice Cream
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and allow to cool. Whisk the egg yolks and eggs with the sugar then add the flour. Grease the moulds and then dust with cocoa. Pipe the mixture into the greased moulds and then bake at 350ºF for 8-12 minutes, rotating half way through.
- Malt ice cream, 2 1/2 cups milk, 2 1/2 cups double cream, 3/4 cup of caster sugar, About 1 cup of malt granules, 12 free-range egg yolks.
- Bring the milk and cream to the boil in a large pan. Turn down the heat and whisk in the malt. Stir until completely dissolved and the liquid is smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks and sugar together then trickle in the hot liquid to mix, stirring vigorously to prevent the yolks from scrambling. Pour the combined mixture back into the pan and stir continuously over low heat until it thickens to a light custard consistency.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and cool down in an ice-bath, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming. When cool, churn in an ice cream machine until almost firm. Transfer to a container and freeze until set.
- To serve, remove the fondant from the mould and place on a plate. Top with malt ice cream.