Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This was listed as a FREE recipe in an email this morning from Gooseberry Patch. "Enjoy this recipe from Family Favorite Recipes Cookbook."
- 11 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, fine, dry
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut in half crosswise and set aside.
- Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a large skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce, wine or broth, parsley and salt, stirring well. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients, stirring well. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over lasagna noodles. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end. Place lasagna rolls, seam-side down, in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Pour meat sauce over rolls and sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serves 8 to 10.
Easy recipe and very delicious! I make them often, this recipe is one of our favorites. I think it's easier to make than regular lasagna. :-)