Recipe by JustJan
A friend shared this batter recipe with me when we lived in Idaho. As a newly married cook, I wasn't quite sure what to do with goose and duck breasts. I've also used it on venison, but think the fowl is much better. This is probably not as healthy as some wild game recipes, but fun and tasty for a change!
Top Review by Deathgomper
Among all the wild game lovers at an annual wild game festival everyone agreed that this was best wild goose meat they ever had!!!!! Most of them asked for the recipe and there were no left-overs! Thanx
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs goose, breasts or 2 lbs duck breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut goose or duck breast into finger size strips. Set aside.
- Combine batter ingredients until smooth.
- Add finger steak pieces, stirring to coat with batter.
- Marinate in batter 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Deep fat fry a few pieces at a time so that they won't stick together, until browned and floating.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve with seafood cocktail sauce for dipping.