Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Best home made play dough recipe! No endless stirring over the stove top. No baking in the oven. I got this recipe when I was a preschool teacher and have tresured it. GREAT texture....only thing it is missing is the smell of store bought play dough. It calls for Kool Aid to color and scent...but personally I never make it with Kool Aid because I don't want my children to think it is food - it is hard enough to keep kids from eating play dough. But the new neon food colors work really good to get nice color. (DOES NOT AIR DRY OR BAKE WELL)
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and water - if you wanted different colors, you can add the food color after the dough is mixed, but it is easier to mix it in with the water.
- Mix the ingredients quickly to blend everything. The dough should be stiff and begin to form a ball.
- Let dough cool slightly, then drop onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minute.
- Store in an air tight container for hours of fun whenever you want it!