Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
One bite of these pleasantly rich squares will have everyone "oohing" and "ahhing" and asking for the recipe!! They're great for pot lucks, parties, bake sales and school lunches!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 13x9-inch metal baking pan, eith foil, leaving 2-inches overhang at each end; lightly butter foil.
- CRUST: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and butter; using your fingers or a pastry blender, work butter into flour until butter is well blended and mixture starts to clump. Add milk and stir with a fork until a soft dough forms. Gather handfuls of dough and drop over bottom of prepared pan. With floured fingers, press dough evenly into bottom of pan and 1/4-inch up sides.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges are golden and top is firm.
- TOPPING: In anoter bowl, ewhisk together sugar, cocoa and flour; gradually whisk in milk. Whisk in eggs, butter and vanilla until blended; stir in dried cranberries. Pour over hot crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until topping is even puffed and center jiggles just slightly when pan is moved. let cool completely in pan on rack. Using foil overhang as handles, remove from pan and transfer to another cutting board. Cut into squares or bars - Delicious!