Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yellow cake "bar" base with a cream cheese topping. I use Duncan Hines Classic Yellow cake mix. The serving size depends on how small you cut the bars. I usually cut it to be 15 servings.
- 16 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Mix together the cake mix and pudding mix until well combined.
- Add the melted butter and one egg. Use your hands to mix together until it looks like cookie dough.
- Grease a 15" by 10" baking dish and pat the batter into it, covering the bottom evenly.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the vanilla until well combined. Add the two remaining eggs and mix well to combine. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter mixture.
- Bake @ 350º for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into bars.