Helping Hands's Note:
Every once in awhile, even healthy eaters like my family, love some good, old fashioned fried chicken! This recipe for it is wonderful! I found it on another recipe site, and it is the recipe that I always use when we make fried chicken. Enjoy some good, old-fashioned, fattening, country cooking for a change!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 whole fryer chickens, cut into pieces or 2 packages chicken legs
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, extra spicy seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1Combine flour and spices in plastic bag.
- 2Mix milk and beaten eggs in large bowl.
- 3Dip chicken into milk and egg mixture.
- 4Shake each piece off lightly.
- 5Add chicken pieces one at a time to bag of flour and spices and shake bag lightly until each piece is coated with mixture.
- 6After removing chicken from mixture, lightly shake some of the flour mixture off.
- 7Heat oil in deep frying pan or in electric skillet to 350 or 375 degrees.
- 8Fry each side until tender and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good, Old Fashioned Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1564.3
- Calories from Fat 1165
- Total Fat 129.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 171.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: