Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Every once in awhile, even healthy eaters like my family, love some good, old fashioned fried chicken! This recipe for it is wonderful! I found it on another recipe site, and it is the recipe that I always use when we make fried chicken. Enjoy some good, old-fashioned, fattening, country cooking for a change!
- 1 -2 whole fryer chickens, cut into pieces or 2 packages chicken legs
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, extra spicy seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine flour and spices in plastic bag.
- Mix milk and beaten eggs in large bowl.
- Dip chicken into milk and egg mixture.
- Shake each piece off lightly.
- Add chicken pieces one at a time to bag of flour and spices and shake bag lightly until each piece is coated with mixture.
- After removing chicken from mixture, lightly shake some of the flour mixture off.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan or in electric skillet to 350 or 375 degrees.
- Fry each side until tender and golden brown.