Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I woke up bored and hungry one Saturday morning--my wife and daughter love it.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄8 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked sausage
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato (ta'maters)
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Throw your onions, green and yellow peppers, sausage, tomatoes, and your favorite seasonings into a frying pan on medium heat stirring occasionally until fully cooked.
- Put your eggs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl (I just use a glass) and mix together well.
- Pour egg mixture into a 12-inch stick free or oiled skillet on medium/low heat. NOTE: do not over oil the pan it will turn your egg green!
- When the top of the egg mixture starts to solidify, flip--this takes some technique and care.
- Check the bottom side of the egg mixture periodically until cooked. When it is, turn your heat to low and place 3 slices of American on the egg apart, but as close to the center as possible and the pepper jack dead in the center.
- When the cheese is melted, slide the cheesed egg on to a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place your cooked meat mixture on the egg and fold it over (this is where the foil helps).